Casey Anthony

I was reading on CNN how they are in court arguing about how Casey Anthony wasn't read her miranda rights and Im thinking to myself..... WHO THE EFF CARES!!! She killed her two year old daughter and they have been arguing about this miranda right thing in court for a while now! Does anyone else find this disturbing?

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think if she gets off because of this technicality, then I don't see her surviving long on the outside!! I hear Karma is a bitch and she holds a nasty grudge!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes while it is disturbing, if she wasn't read her miranda rights she might be able to get her case thrown out or over turned. While it is very sad and the whole case is sad it is the law.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what you or I think about the matter. These protections are in place for a reason. If she wasn't mirandized, then the case should be tossed.

Frankly, I doubt the girl could get a fair trial anywhere.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It is crazy but the sate trys to do everything by the book and by law she was supposed to be read her rights. Im not sure what that means for her if they werent read but you would think she wouldnt get off for murder just because of that but this world is so screwed up you never know. I think her defense team will ride this for all that its worth but someone has to be the voice for that little girl and I prey that they lock up the right person.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• it is nuts! she needs to go to jail!! everybody knows she did it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I know it doesn't seem fair when someone has apparently done something so horrible. But the law is the law. It has to be applied in all cases, not just some. Even a person who is fingered up and down by witnesses and standing there with a smoking gun must be given his/her Miranda rights. If it is true that she was not given Miranda, then it is a terrible technicality.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well, her defense will bring that up and try to get a mistrial if indeed she wasn't mirandaized when arrested. I doubt that's the case, but GL to them to try and work that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I really don't care if she was read them or not! It's so horrible and honestly if she goes free I hope kharma comes back times 100. I just hate that little mistakes like that can free a killer and has in the past.
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It *is* disturbing, but I can understand why it is important. Today it's just the miranda rights, tomorrow it's illegal search and seizure, all in the name of good cause. The judicial system has a process and procedures for a reason- to protect the people. While it is disgusting that Ms. Anthony may get this case thrown out because of what amounts to a rookie error, wouldn't it be equally disgusting to lose 'innocent until proven guilty'?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• While it is disturbing that the defense is taking up court time with this, you can bet if she hadn't been read the rights, she would have been screaming out loud for everyone to hear so she could get back to her partying. This, in my opinion, is just another move by her defense team to get her case tossed. Time is getting close for the trial and they will pull out all the stops.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011