What could this rash be on my toddlers back?

she goes to see her doctor at 4 today, but just wondering if anyone cant tell me what they think it is? she wants to itch it but i wont let her, she is pretty fussy, no flu like symptoms or anything, and it started off as a light rash about 2 weeks ago and just got worse this morning.
here is a pic

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/MizzNugg/rash.jpg

ScubasMommy

Asked by ScubasMommy at 11:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i didnt look at the link but it could be roseola. dr will be able to tell you. has she had a temp at all since she had the rash?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no temp no nothing flu like
    why wont you look at the pic?
    ScubasMommy

Comment by ScubasMommy (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no i will i just had to do somthing hold on
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ok thanks, and yea she has not had a fever, she has been normal. pretty much its just an itchy rash, but looks bad enough for her to be seen, i knwo i could just wait till 4 but that is HOURS away so id just like some suggestions
    ScubasMommy

Comment by ScubasMommy (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I cannot get to the link. Did u try caladryl?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I am glad you are going to the doc . . . they will probably be able to help you super-quickly.

My daughter has had rashes like that before. For her, it would up being contact dermatitis . . . .an allergy-like response. Kids can get it from soap, laundry detergent and elastic banding at the waste, or spider bites or stings. You doc will be the best help . . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no i dont have it, what ever the doc recommends ill be getting when i leave her apt at 4
    ScubasMommy

Comment by ScubasMommy (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i cant connect to it either. if it is roseola there is nothing they can do for it. at least that is what my doc told me it will just go away on its own.call the doc maybe she can be seen earlier
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i dont think its that because its been there for 3 weeks and she has not been sick or had a fever at all
    ScubasMommy

Comment by ScubasMommy (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my son used to get rashes like that and caladryl really helped. That is all they can give her.. The doc might tell u to pick up some benadryl too. Good Luck,let me know. Kids have very sensitive skin.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2011