Step-mother vs In-laws

First off my husband and I were at the point of getting a divorce. We lived in the same town as my in-laws. We decided not to get a divorce that was 3 years ago. yesterday while talking to my step-mom she started getting on the phone abd saying how her and my father will never come see me cuz she has problems with my in-laws for not stepping into mine and my husbands problems, When they didnt know everything that was going on in our house. So why is she holding a grudge against people she has never meet. I tried telling her that was the past we are living in our presant day now when we are all getting along. and she told me thats fine but she never want to see them or she will start a fight with them. how do I get her to back off they are my in-laws not her family. and now I am scared to go out to my fathers this summer what if she says something that pisses my huband off and he wants to leave and never see her again, what about me and my father relationship. How can I go about handling this?

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 11:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to tell your step mother and father that their thinking is a joke and it will be their loss if they choose to never visit because of people outside of your home...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Your husband will have to tell then that they will have to deal with it. You shouldn't have to take sides.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011