S/O If a politician cheats on his wife, does it effect your vote?

What if they are good at their job?

If my husband cheats on me (and he lives through it), he will not lose his job. Should it matter to us if a politician can't keep it in his pants? Is it really anything more than gossip?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• People will say that he lied and that is not good. Don't all politicians lie?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my thoughts on John Edwars certainly changed after learning of his actions
    YES
    i does change how i feel about a person's moral character
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes it does effect my vote.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Their personal life is between them and their family. If they used campaign/taxpayer money to support their wrong doing? I don't agree with that, obviously. If they conducted the affair in a building funded by taxpayers and while on the 'clock' and when suppose to be engaged in the "people's" business? I would have serious concerns to their character.... Some People are able to learn from the wrong doing and use their mistakes make RIGHT on their past wrongs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If it's someone new, with no record as a politician, then I think it has a little effect. I mean, if there were two candidates who were identical in every way, except one had affairs, it would definitely have an effect. But a politician's positions, voting record, and reputation matter way, way more.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If someone will cheat and lie to someone they once loved and have kids with why on Earth would I think they would be honest and trustworthy as a politicians? It would affect my vote because I have no use for liars and cheats. I realize most politicians are that way but these guys have proven they don't give to shits about anyone but themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes it does affect my vote or I atleast take it into account, He took an oath to be true to his wife and if he cant handle that its hard for me to believe he would have americas best intrest at heart,
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well , i believe most males cheat at some point , but that dont mean it effects their job , but some it will , it depends on how much sex runs their life for how much it effects their job and this no one really knows except people around them , so i would have to say that cheating doesnt always go public either , so if it goes public i would change how i voted .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes. Being a politician is more than a "job." These people are asking for positions that give them the power to affect our lives, the taxpayers lives. How can the voters trust someone, when their own spouse can't trust them?
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If he's already in office, then it shouldn't have an effect on his job. If he's being considered to be elected then I wouldn't give him my vote. Either way he can't be trusted, but I don't think he should be run out of office for his personal choice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011