i have regret issues

lately i have found my self regretting getting pregnant up until about 2 weeks ago i prayed for a miscarriage..... is it common or a form of depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DEPENDS ON YOUR SITUATION AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW. YOU STILL MAY BE IN SHELL SHOCK AND NEED SOME TIME TO DEAL WITH THE FACT YOU ARE EXPECTING, BUT DEPRESSION IS NOT REAL COMMON TO THE NEWLY PREGNANT. I WOULD TALK TO SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU TO SORT OUT THE SOURCE OF THESE FEELINGS IF YOU DO NOT FEEL BETTER IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I had this same problem in my first trimester. How far along are you? Hopefully it's just the hormones, and it will all pass. The problem went away for me when I started to feel my daughter kicking me. I've been in love with her ever since. It's most likely depression that is causing these terrible feelings. If it does not let up, and you still feel sad you should talk to your doctor or midwife about it. I would not recommend taking any SSRIs or other antidepressants ever, especially while pregnant, but you should do your own research and decide for yourself. There are lots of herbal methods that can help curtail depression, just be sure to check with your doctor/midwife before trying them out. I wish you the best, and hope it's just a phase. I know how painful these feelings can be.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• if you're regretting being pregnant because you feel you're not ready for a child. look into adoption! there are so many families out there who've been praying and praying for a child to love. maybe God's answer to your prayers isn't a miscarriage, but that you'll bring life to your child and give it away to a loving family who will love and take care of it as their own. becoming pregnant doesn't mean you have to take on the responsibilities of becoming a mom.
    Anonymous

• wow, if you need to talk I will be more then happy to talk
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sadly, Yes I did but as the first comment said it was based on my situation. I was a single parent and having another baby by my baby's dad. My first daughter was undergoing surgery and the staff infection and I was so depressed. I asked God for a miscarriage because I didn't have the strenght to get an abortion. Things got better and I still had my baby but the whole time I was pregnant I feared that because I had prayed for a miscarriage that I would have one and so I only began to prepare when I was 7 months pregnant. I had such little time but I did it. God Blessed me, My daughter was born a healthy baby. I cannot see my life without her and I apologize to her everyday for not being a strong enough person at that time. Pray! pray!pray! and good luck
    Anonymous