What annoys you most about health insurance?

stacey6923

Asked by stacey6923 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• The cost of having it to never need it. If I pay that much to have it for a year, my yearly physical should cost me nothing out of pocket because that is the only time I use it. I also believe that birth control should be free as well. I pay alot for prescription coverage only to have to pay the highest co-pay for the one prescription I use most. If it weren't for the possibility that I might have a major illness or accident it makes more sense to put all that money in a savings account and just pay cash.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 11:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No choice of insurance plan by employer (we get HMO or nothing).

That I don't go see my doctor except for when I'm sick (maybe once every 4 years for a sinus infection or something) BUT our insurance says that if I don't go at least once a year, any future referrals I might need will be declined.

That I need referrals at all. HMO might be OK if you get an occassional sinus infection but my kids have special needs and see specialists on a regular basis and we need referrals for those visits. Whoever said there's no paperwork re: HMO was full of sh*t.

That insurance dictates who I can and can't see. I am very much in charge of my own health and I should be able to choose a reputable doctor, not settle for one of the boneheads in our plan.

The premiums. Yes, even for HMO, they are ridiculously high, going up at least 15% every year.

Much more but I'm out of space.

That they don't cover alternative treatments
    Anonymous

• I like that I have it,but,if a doc puts down a wrong code,then they won't cover it. Like mammograms,if they call it a screening then the insurance won't cover it 100%!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't like the cost of it! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That in some instances they instead of the doctor make the final decision.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• High co-payments, high deductibles!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• it is to costly
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• the price and the bs u have to go thru just to get done what needs to be done
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011