How many of us will buy from the USA?

The series 'Made In America' makes me want to purchase only(mostly) American made products. I was just wondering how many other people will shop this way/

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Me! I have been looking at the sites for items that are made in America already. I'm dreaming about a new bedroom set (as I have been dreaming for the last 15 years) and I found the furniture company they used has a showroom an hour away, so that's good to know and we will definitely shop there.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I try to as much as I can.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I try to buy locally as much as possible.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I am not American so for me this does not apply. The things from your countrty that end up in mine tend to be poorly made. As you joke about cheap things being made in China when something breaks or a piece of clothing falls apart we say "it must have been put together by the Yanks". I live in Scotland and we buy things made locally most of the time though I do love Italian made items, they are always of good quality.
    Anonymous

• slw123, I know a few people that are trying to do this as well. I think someone on the series was compiling a list of stores, etc.
    FricknFrack & OKmommy, thanks for your responses.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011