Because of the MADE IN THE USA Question, all the way to the Dr. Oz question

I have to ask this. Does it make any difference to anyone to know that Dr. Oz is Turkish? Does it make any difference to anyone that his family came here from Turkey? Just trying to get a feeling for those who think about those things such as MADE IN THE USA when they think about how great people are, etc.

Do people thing about those things when they say they only go MADE IN THE USA? Do they think that it might be kind of stand offish for people from other countries?

I have NOTHING against anything like this. My family is also from Turkey. I just laugh at the questions on Cafemom. Does anyone else think that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I interpret the Made In America question as a consumer question and the impact of american jobs. I did not get the sense that the poster was making any reference to nationalities.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i missed the questions apparently. But there are two different things between people and products. Dr. Oz is a talented, intellegent doctor, who is here legally. Products made with lead and other harmful things that are being put in our children's toys for example, and made by child-laborers are another issue all together.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

•  The question was pretty straight forward about buying products made in the USA. I didn't see anything that could be taken against other nationalities.

Anonymous

• I asked both questions and would never think that anyone would be offended. The question was not meant to be offensive. The question was certainly not meant to be offensive to anyone's nationality. There is no argument that people are great wherever they are from.
    I love the Dr. Oz show. It's informative and helpful. It doesn't matter where he is from, he's a fabulous doctor!

The made in the USA question was about the impact on the American economy.. getting people back to work, creating jobs in the USA. That is what the tv series is about.

I cannot imagine anyone finding humor in questions that are not meant to be funny but to each his/her own! Have A Nice Day!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• boobarandbell, you hit it on the head! Thanks :) they were 2 completely separate questions.

Something else is going on here that I won't entertain.
    Some people are simply unhappy; I'm glad that most people aren't.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ditto to the difference between people and products. Although it isn't always clear, people are not commodities.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Actually I'm not seeing the correlation here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011