My 3 yr old still wakes up cryin n screaming why ?

im thinkn nite terrors what causes them what can i do to help him im so tired he's got circles to his little checks very restless during the nite never sleeps without twicthn n rolln i need help for my baby

mom4ajoh

Asked by mom4ajoh at 11:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• You can't stop night terrors. He should outgrow them. Don't try to wake him. Doctor says that's dangerous.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Have him take his nap (if he takes one) before 2pm and Limit t.v. to none after dinner =o) worked for my son. He is 8 now. He occasionally has a bad night but I just have him go to the bathroom and he is usually fine. His pediatrician suggested his mind might be trying to wake up his bady to go pee. It has worked for us. Be sure to give him reassurance when he goes back to bed. I know what the sleepless night can be like. Good luck!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• sorry to hear this , with my kid it passed ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It does sounds like night terrors. My dd, now age 8 use to have them. It began when she was about 2 yrs and she eventually out grew it around age 6. I noticed for her that as long as I kept a Very strict bedtime routine and made sure she got a short nap during the day as well it happened much less.

For my daughter, being over tired or overly warm triggered it. It was very important for her to have her 2pm nap and then bedtime at 8:00pm on the dot everynite.

I know it's hard sometimes to deal with it, but as long as you don't wake them they never remember it and are usually fine. My daughter never remembers having them and she's out grown it now so it's no longer a worry.

Here's a link: http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/sleep/a/night_terrors.htm

Hope it passes quickly. :-)
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 12:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I experience this my 5 years old when he was 3 and he was having night terrors, And the ped doc to me to let him be and don't wake him up But I couldn't just sit their and let him cry , So i would rub him and gently wake him up and let him sit up for a while till he wasn't so scared any more.

lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 8:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011