How can I get rid of pee smell?

My 2 yo daughter is potty training and doesn't get the whole pullup concept so sometimes she runs around naked and does use the potty correctly. But she sometimes decides not to so she is peeing everywhere downstairs. I clean it up but I can't get rid of the pee smell. I smell it when I just walk in the living room and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the smell? Thanks in advance!

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• u can try making a paste with baking soda n a lil h2o n put on tne spot let it sit for a bit wipe clean that might wrk
    mom4ajoh

Answer by mom4ajoh at 11:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Someone told me that you can pour some vinegar on it let it set for a few minutes then use water to clean it up
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was going to say baking soda but I would try the vinegar too just to see which one works well.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If neither of those work get a carpet cleaner, one with the wand so you can use it on your furniture as well, the sell the cleaner chemical in the vacume dept. and they smell pretty good too
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I use naturals miracle... it's a spray used for pet stains and it takes the smell right out. First I wash the area with some soap and water and then I spray on the natures miracle.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We bought a carpet cleaner for 120 bucks and it has paid for itself a million times over. we got a dog for a while and it was a huge lab and she peed like 10 gallons every time she peed. and she had to choose my rug not the hardwood floors to pee on. well for weeks my living room smelled so horrible from pee smell and my mom had my carpet cleaner. now i got it back but there's like a rubber seal or something that fell off and she's mailing it to me. i can't wait to get it cuz if u buy the pet stain kind of carpet cleaner soap (i buy the generic and it actually works better than name brand) it works wonders and makes the whole house smell good after you do it!!!!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I use an enzyme spray that gets rids of odours caused by bacteria.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• @ butterflysky We have used a carpet cleaner but we didn't try the pet stain cleaner. I'll have to try it this weekend if nothing else works. Thanks!
    msfila1980

Comment by msfila1980 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2011