Weekly budget?

I am trying to work on a budget, and give us both a weekly allowance. This is new to me. Who has an "allowance" how much is reasonable not for food but just odds and ends? I have a 5yr old and 10mth old.

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• How much is reasonable will depend on your situation. One word of advice...your personal allowance is for you, not your kids. Make sure they have their own.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It depends on what you earn. For us as a rule 1/4 of our net income goes to rent. Another 1/4 goes to bills (sometimes a little high depending on season & month. 1/4 goes to home things (food mostly, pet food, and things we might need around here, if we dont spend that 1/4 its put away for when something big breaks), then that leaves 1/4 for us to spend. We break that in half and we have how much we can spend on ourselves & the kids.

Answer by gemgem at 12:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011