could it be too soon?

i took a first response early result test today and i am supposed to start on wednesday (nov 26) it was a negative, but i really feel i am pregnant. could it have been too soon? and also if you dont pee on it correctly or do it for the full 5 sec (i think i MAY have done it wrong cuz i was nervous lol) can that affect the result?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that can effect it but most likely not as long as the whole tip was wet. Did u take it first thing in the morning?
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 11:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• No :( i bought it this afternoon. I am taking another tomorrow morning then wait to see if i miss my period then friday (i bought a 3 pack) Also, it took awhile for the thing to start working..does that change anything? i took one a couple weeks ago and it started working like right away.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ya u probably didn't wet it enough. It had to take a sec to soak in. So I would definetley try again tomorrow morning. If that is negative like u said friday. U know what to do already. But to answer your question yes it was probably too early. 4 days is like 30-40% accurate or something it says on the box. Lots of Luck to u and I hope u get your + tomorrow. Make sure to post if u r or not k. :)
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 11:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• kk definitly will!! wait! is tomorrow still too soon??
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It could be but if u ovulate early it could be fine. The first time i took my test i wasn't sure how to count my cycle. I didn't know if u counted from first day or last of bleeding so I waited an extra week after I was late and took it in the evening and BFP. But tomorrow is 3 days not too bad. But like I said if it is negative don't be bummed it could still be too early.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 11:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• okay...cuz today i was pretty bummed out. it like ruined my day. haha. i hope i get a positive tomorrow!!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ya i know the feeling. I had a m/c with my first and only pregnancy in Oct and I am gonna try again. I had a cycle and I think I may be o'ing tonight or tomorrow I dunno but hopefully I get a + soon too. The waiting just kills ya don't it. Anyways I really hope u get your BFP tomorrow. Again good luck and baby dust.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 11:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thank you and good luck to you too!!! and yes waiting absolutly kills me!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• lol thanks
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 11:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• When I thought I was pregnant with my son, I took a PT and it came back neg. So I waited a while (about a week) and took another one, and it was neg. This was really confusing to me. So I just didn't think about it for about three months and I thought I was pregnant again so I took a test and it of course came back neg. So I finally went to the doctors office and asked for them to do a sonogram on me b/c I thought I was pregnant. When they did the sonogram come to find out that I was three in a half months pregnant. So maybe you should go and see a professional about this sort of thing if it doesn't show up tomorrow.
    Dallas789

Answer by Dallas789 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008