Okay this one is for all you Natural Family Planning specialists haha

The first day of my last period was Feb. 18th so it makes sense to assume my fertile days were Tues March 1st through Sunday March 6th. Lots of clear mucus on those days.

I had unprotected sex last night. Should I be worried??? I DON'T want to get pregnant, the sex was unexpected and I figured it would be fine since its been 48 hours post ovulation... I don't do BBT charting although I really should...

Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 12:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• start buying diapers
    Anonymous

• That's not good advice and I just realized that NFP suggests no sex 3 days prior to ovulation and the day of ovulation. Its been almost 60 hours POST ovulation.
    mercilove

Comment by mercilove (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You should be using protection if you don't want to get pregnant.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• it is excellent advice if
    you are pregnant
    Anonymous

• It's possible...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If you have a 28 day cycle then I wouldn't expect you to ovulate until closer to March 4th. I generally avoid unprotected sex for several days before and after the 14th day. I have a daughter who was conceived 21 days after the date of my last period, so late ovulation happens. When my DD was just born and I absolutely did not want to get pregnant I didn't have unprotected sex except for the first few days after or before my period, but there was like a 2 week zone that was off limits because I was just not willing to take a chance. I really feel that NFP is only for people who would find a pregnancy a welcome surprise, it's not good for people who do not want a pregnancy because it's not 100% reliable, your body can play tricks on you, and the worry between periods just isn't worth it. Good luck, I hope you don't have any unwelcome surprises.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011