IS IT NORMAL FOR A 7 MOHT OLD BOY NOT TO BE CRAWLING YET?

My son is 7 and half months old and he is rolling over like crazy, but he still is not crawling! I am new to this, he is my first and I dont know if this is normal or not... can anyone help me?

peacockmom704

Asked by peacockmom704 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah sometimes its not until around 9 months.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• some kids really never crawl , mine didnt
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes. You might want to look at some charts of infant milestones on the web. Here's one: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/healthtool-infant-milestones
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My Son started crawling at 10 months, a few months before He started walking. Every child is different, just enjoy the baby times and he will do it when he is ready.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My dd was crawling around the 8 1/2 month age, and at 9 1/2 months, she started walking. It was weird.

No worries momma! He'll crawl when he's ready :)
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son didn't crawl till 9 months and he only crawled so he could get to the coffee table lol. My daughter crawled at 4.5 months
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Don't worry about it! My DS didn't start crawling till 9 mo(which he is now) but now hes on a movement spree. Trying to stand up, creeping along furnature. It's perfectly fine. :]
    2chinesetigers

Answer by 2chinesetigers at 12:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Perfectly normal. Some children skip crawling all together, some crawl as early as they can, and some wait until they're nearly 1 before they start crawling. It all depends on the child. As long as he's developing well otehrwise.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Mine didn't really crawl until about 9 months. Crawled for about 2 weeks, then started walking (more like running)!
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. My son was about 8 1/2 months, but it seemed like he started rocking back and forth on his knees one day, and then the next he was crawling. I know you are anxious to watch your baby grow up and hear this a bunch, but try to relax and enjoy your non-mobile baby. Before you know it he will be climbing on top of the table and you sometimes wish he will just stay still for 5 seconds. At least I do.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011