Have you had a lawyer that did you wrong ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh yes twice. First one knew me & ex and didnt want us to fight & agreed to shared custody with the judge bc he didnt think my ex was really a danger even though he had taken off with our son 3 weeks. He was a mistake.
    Second one was just an idiot. We had 15 witnesses all supeonad, he called 2. He didnt ask them anything before taking the stand & one said negative things about me. My 6 yr old could have done a better job in court and it cost me custody of my son. The case was appealable, even he knew that. He asked me to come in 2 days later, wasnt there, 4 days wasnt there so on and then finally I get him the day before the appeal is due & he tells me he isnt appealing wtf? I had 1 day to find a lawyer to be brought up to speed on a difficult case & to give $5k to.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

found out we are related too
    Anonymous

• One of the lawyers in my parents property dispute was young and not experienced enough to handle the caseload... She didn't mean to do wrongdoing, but inevitably caused many problems (and $$) with her inexperience and ignorance... They got a new lawyer and were able to get their matter resolved.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Not really but he has certainly not done as much as we think he could have.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• we hired a contract lawyer that did not read our contract.
    you can sue a lawyer for malpractice.
    lawyers are not what we see on tv!

on the other hand, we have had some good ones too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No. I've never had a legal problem.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son did. He was stationed in Key West with the Coast Guard. He got a speeding ticket while on leave at the beach in NC. He paid a lawyer to handle the ticket for him. The lawyer's paralegal got mad and quit. She threw all of the tickets she was working on in the trash. Well, a nice sheriff deputy came with a bench warrant for his arrest. The lawyer want to charge to handle the bench warrant even though it was his office that didn't handle the ticket that caused the warrant. After a discussion about calling the NC Bar Assoc., he took care of the ticket and the warrant.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Oh yes . I have a very, very poor opinion of lawyers . Fortunately their devious ways did not cost us money as we are not as gullible as they assumed . It doesn't surprise me that of all the professions, lawyers are well represented in the prison population .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011