Everone change-Did you know it is not expensive too feed your children healthier? Not talking organic...

I hear that alot and now finding my daughter has high cholersterol there are so many healthier snacks and foods I could be giving all my kids not just one, including me. Whether they will eat it or not is going to be the challenge. I have 4 children and 1 has high cholesterol. Not that my kids eat junk all the time, but brown rice, I could throw in their, better crackers stuff like that.

I am sure a lot of people my age were raised on white rice, mash potatoes and stuff like that.
Go check out american heart association they give you so many tips. You would not believe what a few changes can do for you.

YOU CAN AFFORD TO EAT HEALTHY IT IS MORE WORK BUT IT IS WORTH IT. AROUND MY AREA-BAG OF CARROTS 150. THE MOST, MILK FAT FREE-2.49, WHAT EVER LEAN MEAT IS ON SALE THAT IS WHAT WE GET. YES IT IS CHEAPER BUT MORE WORK....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• if you feed them healthy from the start, it won't be an issue later.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• btw thanks for the info, always good information for parents to know.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i did know this
    but you will get
    people telling u
    the opposite
    they will even
    break it
    down for u
    Anonymous

• My kids are healthy because they've been eating healthy. Sure I give them a cookie every now and then, but they mostly eat healthy snacks. It's all in how you start them out.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ummm, yeah, it's a LOT more expensive! Organic milk $5 a gal, Reg milk $2.69 a gal. Turkey bacon $6 per 12oz, reg bacon $3 per 16oz. Organic peanut butter (no hi fructose, lol) $7 per 32oz jar, reg peanut butter $5.29 per 4lb jar. 97/3 gr beef $3.98 per lb. 85/15 gr beef $2.98 per lb. 70/30 gr beef .99 per lb. Ummm...the math tells me it's a LOT more expensive.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ^^^^^^told ya^^^^
    Anonymous

• I raised 4 kids to be healthy adults without all this organic, low-fructose, etc hype. We bought normal foods, whole milk, limited the junk, of course. Ate balanced meals with REGULAR food. They are all now healthy adults without health issues.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• special wingz I was not saying organic milk and all that, just there are better choices.

A lot of people don't realize it....

KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yeah, you're right, I spelled it out. The math doesn't lie. Even tv shows are doing spoofs on the huge cost differences!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• eating healthy does not necessarily mean organic specialwingz
    math that out
    Anonymous