Don't you hate ...

Honestly, what do people have against gays? I am straight, but in high school I was a member of a club called the Gay Straight Alliance. The goal was to bring unity between students that believed they might be or knew that they were of a different sexual orientation. I am still amazed, truly amazed at the bravery of some of those students to actually come out to the whole school in the way that they did. It makes me feel proud to live in such a loving and accepting place. I am physically sickened by ignorance and hate. Why is there so much of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• JUST AS ANY TOUCHY SUBJECT, THE "HATE" USUALLY COMES FROM RELIGIOUS AND MORAL BELIEFS MIXED INTO THE TOPIC. PEOPLE FEEL LIKE IF THE BIBLE FOR INSTANCE PREACHES AGAINST THIS THAN THEY CANNOT SUPPORT ANY PART OF IT AND STAY TRUE TO GOD'S TEACHINGS. THIS HAS HAD MOTHERS DISOWNING THERE KIDS AND FRIENDS TURINING THEIR BACKS. IT IS LIKE WITH SO MANY TOPICS INCLUDING ABORTION, THE DEATH PENALTY, RACISM, ETC. IT IS SAD TO NOT LOVE ALL BUT IT IS ABOUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND HOW YOU WERE RAISED. SOME PEOPLE SEE CHANGE AS A REAL THREAT TO THEIR WAY OF LIFE AND THEIR COMMUNITIES, AND OTHERS LET PEOPLE BE WHO THEY WANT JUST AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T COME TO THEIR DOORSTEP. IT'S A TRICKY SUBJECT.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• yup.
    and I hate it when those people ask ignorant questions then close them ten minutes later when they don't like being called on their BS.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• People are scared just as you are by posting anonymously. Why are you posting anonymously? If you're so proud, show it.

But to answer the question, religion tells people to discriminate, and people don't like people that are different then themselves
    Anonymous

• Because it seems like the ones that spread the hate are the ones that feel they can only tell others what they feel thier God "Doesn't want, and whats wrong", instead of just shutting up and living thier own lives. I am not welcoming any of these "Hey! I have rights too!! I can say what I want just like Gay people" because my point is, If its not YOUR life, WHY DO YOU CARE???.....So many people are too busy trying to "fix" others that one day they are going to wake up and realize they just "preached" thier whole life away. I am sure thats what God would have wanted them to do with thier life. ......Smirk....Smirk......
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Good question...BTW
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I am a christian and I do not hate gay people. I just do not like their lifestyle. I do not agree with it. I am sorry that the response is that religious people hate them because that is not entirely true. There are some that do yes but to lump it all in like that is really sad . I have a couple of friends who are of this lifestyle and I care about them but there is no way I could hate them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I am with ANON:11:48 on this one & also Nurse Mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Well said Shane Although you will be bashed for "ITS NOT YOUR LIFESTYLE" why care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't dislike or hate gay people, I just don't agree with life style. Would I disown my own child for being gay! NO, I wouldn't but I wouldn't welcome it into my home either. If he is going to see other guys well, he will have to do it some other place. Not in my home. But to answer ur question, most people are miserable with there own life so they will help make someone elses miserable to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2008