Someone said on Dr oz said: 1 sweet potatoe a day can help to keep cancer away. Do you believe this??? Then I thought...

Do think it is true most of the people I know who had cancer, some gone now RIP. Were not big on eating sweet potatoes, I think they might have ate it on Thanksgiving because it was thanksgiving.

What do you think?????? Sweet potatoe is a vege, something new I learned.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• I have found things on Dr. oz to be very accurate. I would not take the chance that it is not true.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't think one serving of a particular fruit or vegetable per day is going to counteract the rest of the things people do to jeopardize their health.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Any fruit or veggie with antioxidants in it will do the same preventative trick not just sweet potatoes

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• btw, last week he said the same thing about blueberries so maybe he picks a fruit or veg of the week!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sweet potatoes are very good for you, but like craftingmama said I don't believe it is going to counteract the things that people do that are harmful.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If you compare the vitamins and nutrients in a sweet potato compared to a regular white potato, then yes the sweet potato is a lot healthier and better for you. Will I eat one a day? No, but I certainly make baked sweet potatoes about once or twice a week!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Any fruit or vegetable with antioxidants in it will do the same preventative trick not just sweet potatoes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I've heard the same thing before, but I have to say in my case it didn't work. Myself, along with my family are all sweet potato lovers and unfortunately; my paternal grandpa died from colon cancer, paternal grandma died from pancreatic cancer, my maternal grandpa died from kidney cancer, my maternal grandma died from leukemia, my aunt died from ovarian cancer and since my 20's I too have dealt with ovarian and cervical. Honestly, I know some people are going to disagree but everyday someone new is saying, what can cause and what can prevent cancers. I don't believe that, don't get me wrong of course it's best to eat healthy & take care of yourself but don't start eating nothing but sweet potato's or whatever there suggesting, it has recently been proven that when statements like that are made 99.8% percent of them are simply suggesting that to increase sales.

Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 12:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I ate 1 of every food everyday that Dr. Oz talks about, I'd be the size of a house. Everything in moderation....have sweet potatoes once in a while, have spinach once in a while, have blueberries once in a while....etc.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011