Cats in the Cradle

I just heard the song "Cats in the Cradle" for the very first time....please don't judge me, I'm in my 20's! lol

It is one of the saddest and most poignant songs I have ever heard....for me, it really made me think of what is important in my life....my children, my husband, my parents, my siblings...it reaffirms my desicion to be a stay at home mom...

I don't have a cat's in the cradle story...I've always tried to spend as much time with my loved ones as possible..when my grandmother passed away in 2008 from liver cancer although I was devestated I knew that I had spent as much time with her as I could and I called her at least twice a week...I had no regrets.

Do you have a cats in the cradle story?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband can't listen to that song because it basically details the story of his own crappy father. That song has always been sad but now it has more meaning because of my husband.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I wish more people would listen to the words of that song. Life is short.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have always loved that song. Now that I am a parent, makes me cry every time I hear it.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No, but it's a great song. It gives me chills.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011