• In the Spotlight:

Moms, how many units are you taking IN school. Not on-line. Is it manageable?

I'm only taking 6 units during spring. I took 4 units during Intersession. I'm thinking of taking on 12 units in Fall but don't want to be overwhelmed. I have 3 kids, hubby, & house. I do not work.

If you take on campus and on-line is it an easier mix to take on more units?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in

• I really don't know why you don't want to hear from the online people...online classes give you more work in general because you don't actually show up for class. I think 12 should be the max in your situation.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Because I prefer sitting in a classroom. I can focus better and I enjoy being on campus. Thanks for the input.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You aren't going to get a lot of advice if you don't want people who take online classes. They are just as hard if not harder than classroom courses. I take both, at the same time. The most I have taken is 15 credits...2 being online, 3 in classroom and it was HARD. I recommend no more than 12 credits at a time.I also like classroom courses better but online can be just as interesting..there are discussion boards to talk with other students.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011