How much did you spend on Christmas last year?

What do you plan on spending this year? Last year we spent about 1000. This year, I don't have the money to spend that much. I am not sure what I am going to do. But we will manage, we always do.
What are you doing this year? Anything different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I had 0 last year to spend and the same budget this year.I know it sucks but it is life.i just try and do some fun,free thing with the kids
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• last year we took a cash advance of 600 for Christmas, and it took us months to get out from under that. This year we may only have 100 for three kids and family we are obligated to (long story) but at least we will not have a loan to get out from under. We usually go big at tax return time. We pay off any late bills, and get what the kids and house needs and then we put half aside for the next Christmas which never lasts because something always happens, and we take the rest and have fun with it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• a little over 1200
    Anonymous

• last year we spent between $900 too $1000. Im hoping this year we won't spend quite so much because I'm a SAHM where last year I was working.
    MylilMonkey08

Answer by MylilMonkey08 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• about $250.00 this year it is about the same.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• About $400 and I will spend at least that this year...I put up quite a bit to spend on Christmas. I go shopping the day after thanksgiving and catch a TON of sales, so I make that money stretch!! I love it though. I love to buy gifts and I absolutely love all the fall and winter holidays.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• around 500 for 6 kids

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We have a ton of kids to buy for ( we concentrate more on the younger kids) ... i really dont know how much we spend because I try to start in early october and earlier for stocking stuffers . we are going to do the usual 3 gifts for the younger kids *big *med and *small (that is actually sizes so it LOOKS the same under the tree ... sheesh, kids!) and stockings (my 5 yo "big" gift is a walking doll I got on sale for under $10, it will look good under the tree, but my 8 yo is getting a bike as his big gift, my 12 yo may just be getting money towards the gun he wants so that in reality is his "big" gift but I have to find something that looks substantial to unwrap because I always fair minded 5yo will be concerned that Jack is being treated unfairly. The adult kids (and older teens) will get a few DVDs (preplayed and on sale) and a little bit of cash and a stocking. Golly i dont even want to know what it comes to in the end.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Last year about $300+ This year about $1000 +
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• £7000+ but now this year there is a new addition to the family and we are trying to balance it out

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008