Dogs: in, out or both?

At first, mine were solely indoor dogs, but now that we have a fenced in area, they go in and out. They LOVE it.

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 1:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pets

• Mine are now mostly indoor because of their ages. When they were younger they loved going in and out and I could leave the bigger of the two small dogs outside. She would run and run LOL. She is going on 7 yrs old now, and still runs and plays but not as much as before. My 10 yr old dog sleeps all day. So no outside for her unless its to pee and poo and then I have to carry her out.

Answer by gemgem at 1:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If we got a dog it would be outdoor only. I don't like that "dog" smell that lingers even when they are clean.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my dogs have always been in and out lol except Tigger he pees on everything lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Dogs are companions...they should never be used as "security only". I don't believe in having a dog to be kept solely outside.

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My dog is an indoor dog... lol but when I get a yard with a fence he will be an in and out. He doesn't mind though he would rather sleep on the vent then be out in the cold longer then it takes to pee.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Our dog comes in and out of the house durring the day, but at night he goes out (unless it's too cold outside).
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ours spend the majority of their time inside. They go out just to potty every 3 hours and they go out for about an hour or two in the middle part of the day just to run around and play. We too have a fenced in yard; about 3/4 of an acre. On nice days I also take them for a walk around the block.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• mine is in and out. We have a fenced in yard so he goes out on sunny warm days, in when it's cold, in when it's hot, but when it's nice outside he will spend a few hours outside. The cat goes outside for short periods of time when the weather is nice also. He spends the night at the foot of my bed curled up with the cat and my toes, unless Dh kicks them off
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Mine are both indoor dogs~~they are out to go potty~~when the weather is nice and/or we are sitting outside they are with us. But for the most part never outside for extended periods of time
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• both. if i'm not home i will put them out as our shih tzu will sometimes leave me presents. i sometimes leave my standard poodle in just to protect the home when i'm gone but the shih tzu will always go out if i'm not home. they go out at night cause i don't trust them not to make to much noise and wake me up as i'm a light sleeper. during the day they are in with me until i take them out for potty breaks or trying to clean or just can't stand them being in the way anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011