What's the best way to tone your body back up after baby?? Something like a challenge or something maybe?

I am not just crazy about doing the same video over and over and over but with two kids and another who will be here very soon I can't exactly run out each day for a game of tennis or a jog, nor can i afford to go to a gym. any suggestions?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 1:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Before I got pregnate i had the best abs ever, i did over 1,000 crunches a day. After I had my son i wanted to get back in shape, but i had a hard time motivating myself. Needless to say he is three now and i am just now starting to exersise again. I think it would probably be best to start as soon s you are able, but here is what i do. I make myself exersise at least every other day. I do crunches, a few push-ups, and cardio exercises. I find the time by getting my son to do it with me, of course he don really do it right, but he tinks it is fun. I suggest getting the big exercise ball, that thing is awesome it works your whole body. There are so many different things you can d on it too it dosent get booring!
    Whitwilson

Answer by Whitwilson at 1:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well if you have cable, most cable providers have On Demand Channels and there is an Exercise on Demand channel with dozens of free workouts all the time (they even have popular ones like Jillian Michaels, Billy Blanks, WATP, etc etc) If you don't have that channel they have SOME of the videos online free and the rest for a small fee at: www.exercisetv.tv

You can rent DVD's at the library or if you use netflix

You can also try a system like P90X or Supreme 90 Days. P90X is expensive but Supreme 90 Days is only $20. They are both similiar in the idea of working different muscles on different days for "muscle confusion" Mine's on order, lol.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Best exercise to tone the tummy/core area are "planks"....google them. EXTREME core workout and no "fluff" required.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• When you have this baby and he/she is holding there head up by them selves...you workout with them, Its fun for you and your baby loves it because your spending alot of time with them! Lay on your back and hold them and just push them up and down, it works out your arms! With your belly have them laying on the floor and just bend down and pick them up...then put them back down...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I can tell you this hun, after giving birth the fat will stay for a while, if you exercise each day, like a good 2-3 mile run or jog, or some gym exercise, that fat will go away.
    MomMellisa

Answer by MomMellisa at 7:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2011