My pelvic bones are tilted to one side by atleast 1 inch and maybe more caused by a car wreck. This is causing my lower spine to bend to the side. Will the problem with my pelvic bones being tilted to one side so much cause any problems during delivery or should I prepare myself for a c-section?

khuffman1432

Asked by khuffman1432 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is different. I was induced at 39 weeks because I'm a diabetic and that is the norm for diabetics because our placentas start giving less oxygen and nutrients at that point.

But I never progressed pass5cm and my sons head was stuck, so I had a c-section. The doctor said I had a petite and slightly tilted pelvis and he would have never come out vaginally. And he was 6 lbs 10 oz....so not a large baby by any means.

I scheduled a c-sec for my second for this reason....and she ended up 4 ounces larger than my son!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• why don't you see a chiropractor?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Has your doctor mentioned anything to you about it? That'd be the first person I'd take my concerns to. It's never a bad idea to be prepared for a c-section though, you just never know what could happen between labor and delivery.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You never really can tell until you're in labor. Your body releases a hormone called relaxin that helps your muscles and bones move to allow room for the baby, so an exam before you're in labor likely won't tell you anything.

I second the chiropractor suggestion. A good chiro may very well help correct the problem.

I'd also plan to avoid a medicated birth. Pain relievers and pitocin interfere with your natural hormone release and often put you in the lithomy position (on your back) to push which greatly decreases the opening of your pelvic area. Hands and knees and squatting are two positions that open you up the most.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My pelvis was 3 inches out of alignment, and all it took was two trips to the chiropractor to get them back on track. Call the chiro and ask if they work on pregnant women--not all do. Those that do will have a big, soft cushion with a big hole in the middle for you to lay on so you don't crush your belly when you lay down.

And your chiropractor will give you exercises to do when you get home, so you can keep your pelvis in alignment...

Good Luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011