Just a vent.....but UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Although I'm a sahm now, I'm still a medical assistat and my mil is the LAST person I want giving me medical advice....lol she is such an idiot

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Im sooooo glad my MIL lives in another country (I've never met her and my husband has no desire to visit her - lucky me, huh?)
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Uggh I'm not a fan of my MIL either, she always has some smart assed, snarky comment and keeps telling me how I need to be raising my kids...but DH's 28 yr old brother still lives with her, has never had a job, steals money (thousands) from her, and is a functioning alcholic...sorry but I think she is one of the LAST people to be ginving me parenting advice...Good luck with your MIL OP I honestly feel your pain
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you are both lucky my mil does not talk to me she just smiles yes she understands me just smiles
    then when i am out ear shot she talks about me i am the one that smiles,mil you can live with them or with out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My SO's mother has boundary and control issues. She means well in her head but doesn't understand that there are certain behaviors that are just unacceptable and doesn't get her place.

One time she went into his computer and read all our private conversations! I mean everything! we had talked about VERY personal (and sexual) things. Her excuse was that he wouldn't talk to her and answer her questions. So in her mind that gave her the right. GRRRR

I feel for you. the most important thing is having an SO who will stand up for you. If mine wasn't that kind of man we would not be together. I would not be with a momma's boy who hadn't cut the apron strings.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my mil isn't a bitch lol she really is trying to be nice but it's so annoying when she tries to give me medical advice
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011