I am looking for companies to applied for jobs

Can anybody tell me companies who are hiring from New York City where I can actually get interview.

Batticia

Asked by Batticia at 1:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure, have you looked through your local listings? I work from home - have you thought about something like that? There a lot of different home bizs.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 1:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Can you give an example local listings?
    Batticia

Comment by Batticia (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have you mean like the New York Daily News and Times New Paper. The time New Paper are on Monster. l have but I was hoping somebody knows a private company
    Batticia

Comment by Batticia (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I work in an office. I preferred an office outside my home.
    Batticia

Comment by Batticia (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011