Does anyone else have this problem with washers and dryers and SOCKS

I swear that washers and dryers eat socks. I put a matching pair in and when the load of laundry is done, the matching pairs there are at least 2 or 3 socks that don't match.
It gets frustrating, it happens to mine and my husband socks once in awhile, but mostly our kids socks. and i never can find them again.
I buy socks at least twice a month because we are missing half of the matching pairs.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• omg every time. i swear i buy my kids new socks all the time. i really do think the dryer eats one or something.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Do you have adolescent boys in the house, perchance? My husband told me what used to happen to his socks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• to SWasson- NO my boys are 3 years old and 5month old
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• SWasson ew! I have a huge drawer of mismatched socks. Every so often I go through and match some of them up. It's crazy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• OMG, yes! It's time for me to buy new socks right now cause we only have a few matching pairs left. :/
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Also, I've heard of people safety pinning matching pairs together so they don't get lost in the washer/dryer and also you can get mesh "sock bags" that you put your socks in when you're washing them. I used to use one of those when my boys were babies. Looks like I need to start using one again. lol
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, my washing machine eats socks. LOL
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son and husband wear white socks. My daughter wears the colored K-B socks from Costco. The white ones always match up but sometimes the colored ones get mixed up in the pants. I've sometimes found white socks mixed up in our underwear drawers.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I call it "Paying homage to the dryer god." It is so annoying!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• OMG Yes. I give up with matching socks. I buy multiple pairs of the same exact thing and it still seems like at the end of the laundry cycle there is only one. I know you can pin them and all that jazz but I have a life. I buy disposable quality knee highs for me and shop like a nut for clearance socks for my little one. My sock budget is very high but I call it buying sanity.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011