My 9 month is losing her nail!!!

It has a hole at the base of her nail and I think she's gonna lose it :( Is this normal? She'll grow it back right?

amyofthejungle

Asked by amyofthejungle at 11:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it will grow back. It may scare her, but it will be ok and will grow back in about a month or so. My son lost his nail and it grew back ok. Keep an eye on it to make sure that it does not get infected. Other than that it should be fine. I would be interested in knowing how she got the hole just out of curiosity.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• When I was 12 I lost one of my nails. It freaked me out - but it grew back quickly. I lost it again when I was 19 - and it again grew back quickly. I have no idea why I lost it... I dont recall doing anything to it to cause it to come off - but I wouldnt worry about it - I didnt feel a thing so it wont hurt her.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Not a clue hoe the hole happened :(
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 1:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2008