How can I get more energy? like supplements and things like that.

I always feel worn down no matter how much sleep i get. Does eating every meal of the day really help with energy? Because I usually only eat one meal a day and snack like twice a day.

Whitwilson

Asked by Whitwilson at 1:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• I have been doing high protein diet and I take vitamin B-12 It has help me a lot.

When I eat pizza or pasta I will fall asleep fast. So I try to keep away.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Carbs like pasta, rice, bread, crackers completely zap my energy. I stick to a mostly protein diet w/lots of veggies.

I've taken vitamins for years and they help somewhat but it wasn't until I started incorporating coconut oil into my diet that my energy level went through the roof.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would eat 3 healthy balanced meals a day and at least 1 snack. You can also do a small workout in the am to help you feel awake and energized for the whole day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My doctor told me to take 1,200 mcg of vitamin B12 for fatigue and it worked wonders.  I've been taking it ever since.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, eat 3 meals a day and try to exercise a little each day. It will make a huge difference.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• exercise helps out a lot
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Hi!
    I've been using natural things for 9 years and will be 40 next month...the thing I can tell you is ALWAYS
    eat breakfast and make it a protein and a carb...eggs and toast for example.
    The meal you need to watch that can really set you up for a better nite's sleep and a productive day the
    next day is DINNER! Don't mix a protein and carb for dinner and try not to eat late or use caffeine late in
    the day (after 5). When you mix a protein and carb...your body has to use too many digestive enzymes
    to digest both so it works ALL Nite trying to do so...that is why a lot of people wake up tired the next day.
    For me...I choose a protein and a vegetable for dinner or a big healthy salad.
    Hope this helps!
    schelli

Answer by schelli at 3:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Eat a well balanced diet, which includes carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, unsaturated fat, etc. Exercise everyday, and take a multivitamin that has B vitamins, which increase energy levels. Carbohydrates are a very important part of a healthy diet. They provide fuel your body needs to function; however all carbohydrates aren't created equal. The best source of carbs is whole grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables. Stir clear of refined carbohydrates, which are easily digested.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think it's odd what schelli says because if I personally were to eat a protein and a carb at breakfast, I'd be lethargic for the entire day. And I HAVE to eat protein w/carbs at my dinner meal in order to sleep well. Yes, your body has to use different digestive enzymes depending on whether it's digesting protein or carbs but that affects everyone differently - I can certainly attest to that based on my own experiences. One thing you might want to consider is eating for your nutritional type. You need to do some research and some experimenting to find out what works best for you. There is no "one size fits all".
    Anonymous

• eat 3 healthy meals a day and get out and walk or do some other type of exercise if possible
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2011