Job information today. Private companies who is hiring and other website I can look for a job

Is the anybody who is from new york city who know somebody who is hiring. Private , Cities and Public company. Also I tried these Indeed, simplyHired and Monster what other listing are out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Good Luck I hope you find Something
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 2:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Have you googled searches? Good luck looking :)

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 2:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree about LinkedIn. But you can't just start a profile, you need to reconnect with former co-workers and classmates and you need to join groups for your local area and be active in them. Sometimes jobs are posted in these groups and, in addition, you can let it be known you're looking for a job.

You'll want to try job fairs and temp agencies.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011