Caffeine

How does it affect you?
How many cups of coffee can you drink before it's "too much"?
How often do you drink coffee or other caffinated drinks??

Caffeine doesn't really affect me. At one of my old jobs, I'd sometimes have two or three XL coffees during a 6 or 8 hour shift... and all it really did was either give me a tummy ache or make me have to pee like three times as much as usual. :P

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Caffeine is a much needed staple in my household. I drink usually 2 cups a day but wouldn't pass up another if you offered it to me. It's actually coming out in a lot of publications that it is rather good for you, coffee. Not so sure about the caffeine part. I do have to have my coffee fix or my head will pound and as far as too much, anywhere from 4-5 hrs. before bedtime is a good time to stop drinking it. Anything in moderation, I guess. Hmm....I think I'll brew some right now. lol
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I drink a couple of cups each day throughout the day. Sounds strange but I like to make my coffee, put my creamer in and then wait for it to be cold. It also makes me pee a lot too.

But I've heard that coffee dehydrates you so I try to drink lots of water too. Dont drink much soda.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have no Clue to any of your questions about Coffee... I do know I love it and I drink 1 to 2 pots aday. I work at home and from the time I wake up and to the time I go to bed I drink either Iced coffee or Hot Coffeee.... Good luck to finding your questions
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 2:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have at least 1 XL coffee every day. It's around 4 regular mugs. It doesn't affect me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Caffeine has the exact opposite effect on me as it does for most people. It calms me down and helps me relax. I can definitely tell when I haven't had any because I get agitated and I have trouble sleeping. It also helps me focus better. Without it my mind races and I can't think straight.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have a heart condition, and caffeine makes it beat a lot harder & faster than it's supposed to. It also makes me get winded faster, due to my heart working harder. It's like a normal person drinking a 24-pack of Mountain Dew in a short period of time, or a healthy person drinking too many energy drinks - but I also feel nauseous along with the heart racing. 1 cup of 1/2 caff coffee is enough to make me feel it, or half a can of pop. It doens't have a negative affect, but I feel it. I don't feel rotten til I have 2 pops or a large regular coffee.

So, I only drink caffeinated drinks as a treat. And when I do have a coffee drink, I have to pee a lot more a lot sooner than if I'd have water or even a pop!
    Anonymous

• I drink one cup of coffe and one soda a day. I try to keep it at that, so I'm not sure about the caffeine part.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I love coffee...freshly ground and brewed. I usually buy Eight O'Clock. My regular dosing schedule is 2 cups in the morning before work and 2 cups after work. I like it with half and half and sometimes with Bailey's Irish Cream. Other than that it's water for me for the rest of the day. Occasionally I have sweet iced tea with lemon. I very rarely drink soft drinks.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I do love coffee but I limit myself to 1 large cup when I'm working and usually don't drink it on the weekends.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011