Are Weddings Really WORTH the Money?

I personally think even for a SMALL CHEAP wedding. thats ALOT of Money to spend on ONE day. dOES ANYONE else feel this way? OR AM I THE ONLY one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Holidays

• Nope, ours was really cheap too. I could not see spending thousands on a one day event when we had so many things we needed starting out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think mine was well worth it and Id do it again in a heart beat. We got everything we wanted, all the people we wanted came, and so many good memories that we will have the rest of our lives.

Answer by gemgem at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My wedding ring didn't cost much at all. My engagement ring . . . that's a different story, but I will be wearing it for the rest of my life, so if you break it down by X amount/year it's really not all that much!

Answer by missanc at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I dont think they are. I think as the times have been going by the prices are getting higher! People want and want and want and want....
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think whatever works for the people getting married. For me we didn't spend a whole lot and we are still just as married. I just thought the money would be better spent elsewhere.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I feel that as long as you are spending the money on things you want, things that represent you and your husband and your love together, then you're spending the money on creating memories. I had to rush my own wedding at the end and didn't get all the things I wanted. It was still a beautiful day with wonderful people and great food and music. I love my wedding. But I always, always regret what I didn't have there. On the other side, I've been to weddings that were way over the top and garish and you can tell they spent the money to impress others rather than to represent themselves. I think that was a waste. In the end, follow your heart and you can't go wrong!
    Wandybrine

Answer by Wandybrine at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Some are way too lavish. We had a very tight budget and we stuck to it. I made all the decorations and knew some people who could do the cake and the music. I know that there are ways to have a cheap wedding and have the best time that's worth celebrating.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• depends on your dream/idea of your personal wedding. we had to pay for all of ours and a vegas wedding with a honeymoon there was our perfect wedding..and we didn't have to pay for it for the next 5 years lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If it lasts it does.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My husband and i eloped. We didnt have any family there, they provided a witness and it was just between him and i. We called our family after and of course they were mad but they got over it. It was probably one of the best things i have ever done. Its a memory that him and i share. There was NO drama between family members and we didnt have to worry if everything was going as planned. It was the most unplanned thing, but the best thing ever!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 2:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011