Is this normal?

I am 28 years old. And I have a problem.

I have lost TWO INCHES in height. I was 5'8", but when they took my height yesterday I was told that I am 5'6".

And no it wasn't the shoes. I've never had my height taken with shoes on.

I have no idea what is causing this, and I am really freaking out. My follow up appointment after all of the tests are done isn't until the end of the month.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• Maybe you were never really 5'8". Are your pants longer?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes I was 5'8". That was what EVERY physical check up revealed from the age of 16 to the age of 21 (when I quit doing annual check ups with a family practitioner).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Maybe the new measurement is off.
    Anonymous

• My husband went his entire life thinking he was taller than he was but when he went to enlist in the Air Force they told him he was actually 2 inches shorter. They said it was probably the scale...

Also, he has scoleosis which they said could also contribute to it. He'd been brace free for years but after that had to wear one for a few months and they're talking about back surgery.

The only other thing I can think of is Osteoperosis, which would be rare for your age but I guess is still a possibility.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• not sure maybe have them measure you again
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Thanks ladies, but I had them measure me three times because I could hardly believe it.

I am waiting on lab results for the nine vials of blood they took looking for Lupus.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011