Dying hair

is dying your hair really that harmful while your pregnant?

smashley1025

Asked by smashley1025 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They say not to do it in the first trimester. I did it in my second however with natural hair dye.
    Jesenka

Answer by Jesenka at 11:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I do not think so. I did it several times when I was prego with my first two kiddos. I did not dye my hair with the third/last and by month 6 I had to have the back shaved because it was fried and falling out. The hair dresser said that my hair just did not seem to like the prego change and that the only reason it most likely did not do that the first two times was because I did color it and use the special conditioner which protected it. interesting huh.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I did it not knowing I was prego but I asked and everyone says its usually okay now a days
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• the only thing my doctors said about dying ur hair was the fumes,open some windows,turn a fan on.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• its fine... I do hair and colored mine 20 mins ago. im 29 weeks
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 4:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The research has been inconclusive, but they say to avoid it during your first trimester. I got my hair highlighted, which doesn't sit on the scalp. Whether you do it at home or have it done professionally, make sure it's well ventilated.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008