Anyone else's toddler...

afraid of there own shadow?
My daughter is 2 years old and she is scared of her own shadow.. seriously...how do a toddler become afraid of her own shadow? Se don't watch anything scary....there was this one time when she watched toopy and beeno and she has been afraid of monsters ever since, so i monitor what she watch's very very closely now....but i cant understand why she is afraid of her shadow...anyone else have this problem?
I have tried telling her that its not going to hurt her then she is ok for a day or two then she goes right back to being afraid of her shadow again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Haven't had a problem with shadows ever. My husband once said "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" and we have about a month of dealing with him freaking out in bed thinking there was bugs. And then there is feet/sock lint...he is horrified of feet lint. If he gets in a bath and see's the sock lint floating in the water, he starts screaming "Help! Feet fuzz!" and want's out right away.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My DS is 19 months old, and I don't think he has noticed his shadow. We found yesterday that he is scared of thunder, though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well imagine how weird that must be for them to actually notice.. it probably looks like someone is chasing her - you should bring her in a dark room with a flashlight and show he tons of different fun shadows and explain how everything has a shadow..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son isn't, but he is scared of any loud noise
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011