Ex Hub Changing Childs Insurance

My ex husband changed the insurance for our 9 yr old daughter to where there is now a family deductible of $2000. So basically I am having to pay out of pocket to take our daughter to the dr and a recent ER visit and that helps him and his wife and their child meet the deductible. I looked in our decreee and it plainly says "not to alter ins. coverage without giving a 60 day notice to the other party". But before I make a stink, my daughter HAS coverage but it is attached to this high deductible. MY husband has offered to put her on our insurance which would be better coverage and more affordable and the EX doesn't want to. EX is required to have coverage on her, but we are not total jerks, and it would be better anyways for us to have the coverage.....so why is he soooo determined not to go the more affordable and better covered route. I even offered to get a notarized letter stating we would take care of the coverage and would not hold him liable just for his piece of mind.... AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE???? I need some insight, and then maybe I will try again to talk to him. Help gals :)

MissMeredith

Asked by MissMeredith at 2:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Put her on your husbands and use it is a secondary coverage. If your ex's insurance changed at work and he had no choice, you will just have to deal with it. Alteast your ex is actually covering your daughter, my ex hasn't ever had insurance on my son and he is required to do so and pay 50% of out of pocket medical and he has paid exactly, NOTHING.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my ex does the same stupid stuff. We put my kid on our insurance as well. The ex's insurance is used as primary (first) and then any co-pays or anything else is taken out of our insurance (second). But we also have a "cap" on how much out of pocket i have to pay,after that is met, ex is required to pay for half of out of pocket expenses.
    Anonymous

• tyfry: He didn't change jobs, just changed his coverage during open enrollment :( makes me soooo mad. What is with these dumb butt dads. Hope your ex comes around one day.
    MissMeredith

Comment by MissMeredith (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Not really sure about the coverage...but, normally the deductibles are per person....
    As a family, ours is $750...., $250 for my DD, $250 DH and $250 for myself. This is medical only.

Dental and vision are different.
    That's my husbands insurance.

When I was working, as a family it was $2000. Company reimbursed 500, and you paid a 1500. $500 per person. We used this as a secondary insurance.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011