Is there a good chance you can get pregnant after having a baby if you havent got ur period yet

It's been 4 and a half weeks since i gave birth i had unprotected sex last night with my fiance i let him you know inside me. but i havent gotten a period yet so does this mean i could still get pregnant or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You sure can get pregnant. After birth, no period does not mean no ovulation - you still ovulate which means you can get pregnant. Wait a few weeks and take a test. Also - are you breastfeeding? It's actually normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks - so it doesn't surprise me that you're 4.5 weeks post-partum and no period yet. Again, wait a few weeks and test.
    Anonymous

• You can ovulate before your first period comes back. I did after my first child. It isn't common, but it is possible.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It is possible to get pregnant and when I had my daughter I bleed for one week and never got a period of 3 years and now I am pg with my second child and I havent had a period since my daugher was born
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Idk, i bled for 5wks after having my son. I heard you are most vertile right after giving birth. I would def go to the dr.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• sorry meant to say fertile***
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I thought u bleed right after giving birth for 6 weeks. U should ask your doctor about that. It is not right that u never got it yet.
    Anonymous