Am I wrong about this?

Do you think slumber parties and sleepovers are out of style these days? When I was growing up they were popular but it seems like girls chum up one on one more than when I was a kid. There are so many parents who don't want their kid to be where another kid is attending. I am thinking of not having anymore for my child. It's not just the kids it's the Mom's too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was growing up my mother allowed me to have sleepovers and slumber parties but with my sister (who is 15 years younger then me) she said that she doesnt think she will allow this....we didnt really get too much into the why's and why nots but in my opinion I think it's because little girls just don't stay little girls for as long anymore...At 10,11 and 12 alot of little girls are already talking about or in some cases having sex, and it's become more popular for girls to....explore their sexuality with other girls...maybe moms are putting the brakes on sleepovers and slumber parties in an attempt to keep their children children for as long as they can. But this is just my opinion and it could be something completly different. I don't really know lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm only 20.. but when i was younger slumber parties were.. a huge deal.. I don't see the harm when they are little girls doing princess themed parties and in bed giggling and talking by 9.. But as they get older.. i agree that the sex talk.. and the sneaking of alcohol and smoking... And whatnot is all more of an issue. It's scary how fast girls are growing up.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think sleepovers and slumber parties are ok. As long as the parents meet. I have a fear of something happening not that anything ever did to me but these days are soo different.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 4:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011