Traveling with pets?

We don't board our dogs when we travel because they're so small. We find hotels that allow dogs and we bring them and their gear with us. My dogs have a play pen that they stay in while we're out so they're not all around the hotel, a potty box, and a bunk bed, lol. Do you travel with your pets or do you board them?

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pets

• I have a friend who we take turns dog sitting for. we have only had to put him in a kennel once.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Unfortunatelly we have to board our Basset Hound when we are away because he is so big and can be loud that we are afraid we would get thrown out!! He's mommy's baby and I got him for hubby but that's the way it goes. Also he doesn't like to travel at all!!!
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have traveled all over with mine and have always had pretty good luck
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wish i could travel with my dog,,,, but I learned the hard way that several state or counties within states dont allow pits. I was walking with my daughters and our dog (on a leash) on a beach in Ohio.(There was a sign that dogs were allow in the park on a leash; no sign sayiing pits prohibited) An animal control officer came up from behind me and snatched the leash out of my hand, said we don't tolerate this kind of dog here and walked off dragging my dog. I had to follow him to his truck with my kids in tears, fearing he was hurting her. He told me he was taking our dog and we weren't getting it back..I had to beg him to call his sargent to let us leave because we were from out of state and there was nothing posted saying they were not allowed.. My dog is extremely well behaved, trained to hand signals and from outward appearence it was ovious we are not irresponsable owners. The kids still talk about it till this day.
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 11:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2011