Maybe someone can help me thanks.

I actually have a question. See I'm still breast feeding (my daughter is almost 11 months) and I've had my period a few times which shocked me but I figured it was cause I was working and my supply went down a bit that's fine I kept breastfeeding now I'm not working anymore and been breast feeding more cause that's whats she wants and I got my period again but it was like a week late last month. And all of a sudden my daughter has been waking up like every half hour and wont go to also unless I nurse her even if its for like 5 minutes and she wont take a sippy cup she just wants booboos (its what we call feeding time silly I know but its easier for her to know what I'm asking her). But anyways it seems like she's nursing more cause I would so a final feeding for her at night wait an hour pump then try to go to bed but she will wake up and want to nurse again even though she won't nurse for long but its also to the point that she will keep nursing while she sleeps and the only way I can sleep is if I let her nurse while I sleep . But now I've noticed my period is a week late I have had a little cramping yesterday and I'm not feeling well today like I'm going to be sick. My question is can all that make my period late or is there a high chance that I'm pregnant. Sorry its so long.

Yokoshima

Asked by Yokoshima at 2:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is possible to get pregnant while you are breastfeeding with or without your period,
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My daughter did that when she was ready to transition to sleeping through the night. If she isn't sleeping in her own room, now might be the time to make the transition. My DD would wake up in the middle of the night and suckle. She wouldn't actually drink, just suckle. After about two months I finally figured she was ready for the transition. However, I couldn't have her sleep in the same room as me. That'd actually help keep her awake. So we transitioned her to her own room.

Stress can make you late, definitely. But you can just as easily be pregnant. Give it a week and if the symptoms are still there, take a home pregnancy test.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• This is my personal opinion, it's not right, nor wrong...
    I think BF at that age is pushing it. 9 months max, and I feel a child should be introduced to a sippy cup at 6 months. They may not have it down pat, but atleast introduced.

My DD was off the bottle by 8 months and drinking out of a sippy.

If you want her to get the breastmilk, pump and put it in a sippy. But, I wouldn't nurse anymore.

Hope it helps.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• she might be teething they have these pacifer looking things at target or walmart that you can put food into and it has a mesh type bag covering it keeps the food in but wont let the baby choke I used these for my now 13month old and put watermelon, apple slices and ice or frozen grapes into it and she loved the way it feels on her teeth. as for the sleeping i found a secret that works like a charm for us although we are still rocking her at night and giving her a bottle (i stopped bfing at 7months and put her straight to whole milk) when we lay her down we put a pillow under her head the blanket then a pillow across her tummy and shes been sleeping through the night since December (she did the 1st 3months of life but then started waking up everynight all the time) but i guess the pillow makes her feel like someone is still holding her idk. And if you are pregnant again congrats im due again in Sept. its gonna be crazy lol
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• @razelda- she use to sleep through the nifty no problem even in her new room but it seems like one we moved into our new place she just refuses to sleep so I have to nurse her all the time at night. She use to sleep in her own room all night no problem since I think 3 months its just all of a sudden this happened and its been going on for a month.

@ chlosemom1126- She's been on a sippy cup since she's been 4 months so she has no problem with a sippy cup and I don't mind still nursing her its not hurting anyone and she enjoys it but she will pretty much always choose nursing then having her milk in a sippy cup. I respect ur opinion but its not hurting anyone with me nursing her this way and she likes it.
    Yokoshima

Comment by Yokoshima (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well she already has two teeth and when she was seething last time she wasn't doing this
    Yokoshima

Comment by Yokoshima (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well u just told razelda that u moved into a new place, well for starters that could be why she is acting up and not sleeping through then night for u and wants to nurse. That in itself is a big change for a little girl or any child at any age. So try to maybe comfort her hold her close and give her something to suckle on like a bottle, sippy or even a fave blankie.
    and as far as pregnant goes congrats if u are, but if symptoms are the same with in another 2 weeks get a home test.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Around 10 months my son was drinking from a sippy during the day except nap time but would only sleep at night if he was nursing. He had got 4 teeth and then I had to go get my wisdom teeth toke out and since I was on meds. We decided to completely stop nursing then. It took that to make me stop nursing because I needed sleep at night. We also put him in his room during that time.
    As for your period it took mine a little while to get back on a schedule. It still is not perfect my last one was a week late and scared me.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011