Baby is 4 months old and still no period...is this normal?

I have had 2 light spotty days in 4 months time and not at once. They were barely enough to need a pad even. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried? My baby is 4 months old now. My husband got a vasectomy and I confirmed I am not pregnant so wth is going on? My dr said it was normal as of 1 month ago, but now I am really starting to worry.

Jeannie721

Asked by Jeannie721 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Health

• Do you breastfeed? Because from reading things here on CM, if one BFs they could up to a year to a year and a half without one!
    Anonymous

• You can go several months (even a year or so) without a period if you're breast feeding. If you're not, then you should see a doctor.... again.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I didn't get mine until a month after I stopped bf... at 8 months
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No, I'm not. I can't explain this. I started after 2 months with my first 2 children. But I was also on birth control at that time.
    Jeannie721

Comment by Jeannie721 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Nothing is considered normal after you have a baby. Your body can take a long time before it's back to "normal". My periods, though, have been pretty regular since I had my last baby. Before her they were off all the time. Which means maybe it will be easier to concieve our third (and hopefully final) baby when we are ready. As long as this keeps up.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's fairly normal, even if you aren't breastfeeding. Try to relax. I wouldn't worry until you hit 6 months without your period showing up.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I didn't have a period until January and my son turned a year in October. I was breastfeeding him and once I was slowing it down and switching him to the sippy cup it came back. I would not worry if I was you just enjoy not having it until it comes back.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes. I didn't get mine until 5 months, the earliest. I didn't even nurse full time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I didn't get mine till after a year
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 3:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Even not BFing it is considered 'normal' up to a year. You may need to go back on BC for a short time to regulate your cycle after that. Preganancy wreaks havoc on the system.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011