What to do for fun?!

So my husband & I were recently married, no honeymoon due to lack of money. I am 22wk pregnant and I already have a 2yr old son who lives w/ us from a previous relationship. We all 3(husband, me, son) live w/ my mom due to money at this time. MY LIFE IS SO BORING!!! All I do EVERYDAY m-f is sit on the couch & stay on CM, surf the web for other things, or get on facebook. i even hate taking out the dog (shes a boxer so lots of energy needs to be outside) bc they are considering outlawing tethering dogs in our county and im scared we're going to get some sort of fine for putting her out there. My mom never cleans, never buys groceries, really...never...and my husband and i (i am a SAHM right now bc its a lot cheaper than working just to pay a sitter) barely have enough $ for the food we need let alone feeding her too. The last actual date we went on alone was to dairy queen and i got sick the whole next day puking bc of the grease...pregnancy is a blast! lol. anyway, i just want us to be able to go out regularly-like once a week or every other wk- and i want something to do all day!!! we only have one car, which he drives to work, and when i do keep the car even if i want to go somewhere i can't or i feel bad bc we never have any gas either and going places is just a waste of gas. not to mention my son sometimes acts out in public. ok this is my own pity party lol but i am just wondering-for all the stay at home moms who basically have no money for fun what do you do FOR FUN????!!! Btw, i posted this ? in relationships bc i feel like us not being able to go out to eat or a movie or w/e once a week or like i said twice a month is hurting our relationship bc we are *ALWAYS* around my mom and son!

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• We lived with my husbands mom when I was preg with dd and I had 4 other kids so ha! I know how you feel completely! Only my dh got laid off when I was 5 mths along and oh that was a blast living on unemployment. I felt exactly the same way you did so we would go out on weekends when the kids went to their dads house and just cruise around. I know sounds really stupid but we had fun. We would also go out for a drive with the kids to a state park sometimes and just do a nature walk (nothing hard obviously lol) or sit by a docks and skip rocks. Nothing exciting but it was fun just doing something, anything.

Answer by gemgem at 3:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I know you are short on money.. but if you set back a little bit with each of yor husbands paychecks you can save up pretty quickly! Start a budget plan.. i think there are free programs online that you can use... And that will help you to spend wisely. Maybe sit down and have a talk with your mom.. even though you are living in her house.. she should still be buying groceries.. and helping out a little.. ( just my opinion!)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i will admit i am fancy deprived lol. i want to go to olive garden, or to a fish camp(i know its not fancy but w/e its good lol) or somewhere you know 'big' soooooooooooo bad. my son's father *NEVER* gets him overnight, much less for a day, especially not any time that works for me either. so that really sucks. of course i understand that most SAHM's do not get a break from their kids like having another parent just take them for the wkend or w/e but usually if you arent living w/ your parents your child can go stay there for a visit. but nooo lol
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• oh i totally agree on her helping out-she is pretty, well, stupid, when it comes to money. she would rather keep her CELL PHONE bill current than our power or water bills current. plus you know how ppl say your mortgage /rent should be 35% of your income? ours is $
    725/mo and thats DOUBLE her 35% =/
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well they didnt always visit mind you. Those were the days when I literally scraped up change for gas (fun times). Like I said we would go to the state park and drive around it had a nice scenic route and a boating area where you could sit and watch the water, fish or whatever. The kids always loved it. In the summer even still dh and I go to a state park that has swimming with the kids. Its like $5 a car load for the day. We bring a cooler with sandwich stuff, drinks and all that and spend the day there. Its fun. In the summer also I can take the kids to free movies twice a week. If you have a Marquee cinema they do it everywhere they have cinemas and it starts in May. Sneak in some food and the rest is free.

Answer by gemgem at 3:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• gemgem is right, the Regal Cinemas have free kids movies in the summer. I know its not now, but keep it in mind.

We used to go to the airport and watch the planes take off and land when my boys were little. Pack a fun lunch, and its kinda neat. Do you have another friend with a child? Can you trade babysitting so you can have a date? We found that even a coke at McDonalds was at least alone time! Can your mom watch the 2yo? Even after he goes to bed if necessary, so you can get out.

Bake cookies, make homemade playdough, get a pack of sidewalk chalk at the dollar tree, etc
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my husband took me to cici's last night :) its amazing how much that helped lol. i dont really have any friends who i spend time w/ .....we're all so "busy" lol
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011