Has anyone had the same pain level when being induced & going into labor naturally?

I have to be induced once again for medical reasons.. so i have nothing to compare it too-- my labors were awful, and i am dreading it once again...

but has anyone experienced the same amount of pain that comes w/ an induction as just going into labor by themselves? or was it much worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did. The only difference was I had back labor with ds and regular labor with dd. Ds was natural and dd was induced. I do have a high pain tolerance though.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My mom had 6 kids. She swears that when she was induced (she was induced 2 times) she was in much more pain than when she went all natural. I want all natural & i can honestly say that i didn't think labor pains were as bad as i expected them to be. I have felt much worse pain for sure. But, i was gun-ho & super ready to deliver. I was not scared, i was pumped. I'm sure that helped with the pain tolerance.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i was induced with both of mine 1st one cause of the diabities (spelling lol) and the 2nd i wanted to be induced (im due again in Sept and plan on being induced) but so far with the 1st 2 it was a piece of cake i had no pain and the 1st one i waited till i was 7cm till i got the epidural i just slept the whole time they woke me up and said its time to push 2 pushes and they were out. I honestly could say i would rather be in labor then have to deal with the pain for 2-3 wks after
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 3:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It was way different between my going into labor on my own and inductions. My last two were with Pitocin and I swear that is some evil stuff. My contractions hurt alot more then they ever did when I went into labor on my own. With my 3rd I was also induced but not with Pitocin, they just broke my water and he was born 3 hours later. That was no different then the first two.

Answer by gemgem at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• With my twins i did not even notice i was in labor till i went to a docotrs appt. And he told me that i was like 4 cm dialated so i went to the hospital and had to get an epideral just in case i had to get an emergency c sec. But i didnt have much pain up till that point it went really quick to only like 3 1/2 hours total. With my second pregnancy though i was induced because my labor was taking so long and that went quick and didnt feel an overamount of pain. With the 3rd though i went to the hospital with intence contractions but little progress and that was horrible
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• With my daughter I was in labor for 4 days before they put me on pitocin to speed it up. The pitocin did not increase my level of pain in the least bit, thought it did have the desired effect of causing my labor to go faster. Many people say being induced is more painful, but in my experience it just made no difference.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had the same amount of pain with both my induction and the two time I went into labor naturally. To me, the contractions were no harder, longer, faster, etc. with the pitocin than without.

Answer by missanc at 4:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladies.. now i know that i could possibly have a better birth experience than my last two!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011