I can't believe this (vent)

Yesterday we recieved notice that someone has used my Dad's bank card without his permision! He's now at the bank fighting to prove he did not withdraw any money. My dad is not that young anymore and will be retiering really soon but how can he when someone else has stollen some of his retierment money? Don't people have a concience anymore? What ever happened to right and wrong?????? I can't even go into a grocery store and "taste" a grape, let alone steal!!!!!!

cecyh9

Asked by cecyh9 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• unfortunetly that is high crime, ID theft-financial,medical, etc.... its to be expected really, its not IF it willl happen, its WHEN it will happen. Elderly people seem to be an easier target because many dont beleive in ID theft services or dont know about it.

tons of companies are offering the services fairly good prices, i think id theft protectin even comes with road side assistance! this is the company I use http://www.jmgnetworth.com/mywealth
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I completely understand. I'm a struggling single mom and some jerk stole an entir paycheck out of my bank account 5 days before my son was born. Talk about stress...
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Your poor dad. Do you remember Enron? I do not care for deliberate dishonesty.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That's terrible! I hope they are able to find out who did it! He may have to file a police report & hopefully, w/ bank cameras, they can arrest & prosecute the thieving scum! Most banks have the protection in place that will get their customers that become victims of crime reimbursed. I hope that is the case w/ your dear dad. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thats awful. I hope he can get things cleared up with the bank.

Times are tough and people get desperate. Not an excuse just what it is. Doesnt mean its excuseable either...we still have to account to ourselves and the law of the land but sometimes people dont think that far ahead.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011