What is the easiest kitchen floor to keep clean?

I am redo the floor in my kitchen and I want to find the best floor to keep clean and appear clean the longest. I have white cabinets so I want to get black floors but what kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I always go with ceramic tile or slate, something along that line. It's durable, doesn't stain, doesn't dent, doesn't rip. LOL. I've redone every kitchen I've ever had. And, getting ready to do the one in my current house. They have been the lowest maintenance, most durable floors ever.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ceramic, slate, or porcelain tile.
    Anonymous

• Tile- stone, ceramic, porcelain, but NOT linoleum!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We have porcelain tile, which is great. I had complaints about keeping the grout clean, but about a year ago, we had the grout color sealed. It cost about $400 to have that done, and it was worth it! Now the grout will not stain. It's just slightly off white and it still looks brand new even in the high traffic areas. I just wipe or steam clean.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We have porcelain tile in the kitchen, and ceramic tile in the bathrooms and basement; we've had the grout sealant mixed in as well before application and have never had any problem whatsoever with the tile itself or the grout. I swear, tile is the way to go!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The one with no kids and the 65 pound dog walking on it with muddy shoes lol. Welcome to my world.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Having had black floors I would suggest dark grey instead. Black is particularly unforgiving, just like white. I have dark hardwood and use a steam mop and it is pretty easy to care for.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011