How to curl hair?

I know I asked this awhile ago, but still nothing has helped. When I use my curling iron my hair does not stay curled!! It all falls out within an hour. No matter if I use a lot, little, or no hairspray. Help Please!!

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 3:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Are you spraying before you used the curling iron? It works better if the spray goes on first. Make sure you leave the hair wrapped around long enough to the heat to penetrate the entire strand- you can test it with your hand- when the outer hair starts to feel warm to the touch, you can unwrap. When you release the curl, try to to 'unwind' it completely. Loosen it just enough to be able to pull the iron out of the middle of the curl. What kind of iron are you using? If all else fails, you may want to try a professional grade curling iron- they just get hotter and work better. And if even that doesn't work, you may be someone whose hair doesn't hold a curl well- I help a friend in her wedding hair business and we sometimes run into hair that just does not curl, no matter what you do to it! HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• using the hair spritz will help if you use it before curling your hair. I have the same problem with my hair esp. in the summer time.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Don't wash your hair that day...day old dirty hair will hold the curl better also.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• go to a salon and get a hair annalysis.
    it may be too damaged or not have a medula and you won't be able to hold a curl then.
    and no, "dirty" hair won't hold a curl better.. the sebum.. (or grease) will weigh it down.. just don't overly condition and that's when its best.
    but a stylist can look at your hair and work with it to not only show you what might work under these conditions, but also why its not working in others
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you may also need stronger products.. (which you can get at sally's or your salon)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Try doing pin curls, or even try to curl with a flat iron, tons of how to videos are online.
    ChristineJarman

Answer by ChristineJarman at 9:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you rpob have really fine hair, they have these tools at the mall that help curl your hair go to the mall and they will do it on you for free it has worked well for me and easy to use
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My mom does hair and she's able to curl my hair so I know it can hold a curl.
    @freela I do spray before I curl and I do the touch test but still nothing. Maybe I do need to buy a better curling iron.

Thanks!!
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011