In three words....

your best advice for potty training? my dd will be 3 next month. i haven't pushed because i like to allow her to do things when she's ready, but this is enough! she has a potty, she's not afraid of it, and she has successfully gone many times, just with no consistency. she doesn't WANT to, that's all. i'm done, she's doing it, that's it. so what's gonna work, ladies?

shilohsmama425

Asked by shilohsmama425 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• reward system.....my daughter is 2 years old and is fully daytime potty trained, we have a piece of paper on the washroom wall and when ever she uses the potty she gets a sticker and if she goes #2 she gets 2 stickers...we havent had any accidents in over a month.
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• reward chart and box with books by the potty for her
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• havent potty trained yet, but from what i hear, letting her run around nude helps, she will have accidents, have her help clean them up, after you both run to her potty and finish the deed of course. my friends son is potty trained but he needs her to wipe his butt. teach her to wipe too. i have a friend whose dd loves to go behind the couch and go potty. its weird but i think she doesnt want to miss anything but also have privacy. she is still in diapers. GL i hope you get the help you need!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• panties, not diapers
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Just three words?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have 2 boys and one girl. I did it the same way for all. I waited until they turned 3. Then I waited for a few days that we had nothing to do and could just stay at home. I bought them character underwear. I said "tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear, yay!!" In the morning I put them in undies. I took them every 1/2 hour to start. There were accidents, but I stayed positive. At night I used a diaper. By day 2 they were getting it. By day 3 they were trained. Night time takes longer. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Oh, that wasn't 3 words, was it? How's this - Take diapers away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Repetition. It. Works.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I love Arretsmomma5's answer!!!!!! And she isnt even potty training yet!!!! And yes get her panties, not pull ups, not diapers...Just use pull ups at night if you dont feel like washing sheets everyday! If your DD has an accident you have to make her help you clean it up or clean her panties, because they will get tired of having to wash them out and they will go to the potty after so many times! Also if she is like Arretsmomma's friends child and goes behind the couch or where ever her spot is move her little potty there and if she tells you that she needs to go potty take her to the big potty! I think ARRET deserves the best answer! LOL
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son was similar. He didn't care to do it. So one day he ran to the "big" potty and went potty so I got rid of all the diapers and pull-ups and that was it.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 4:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011