Jehovah's Witnesses

How do you and your family handle them when they come to your door?

kaitilala

Asked by kaitilala at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't often even answer the door when anyone comes, unless I'm expecting it.
    Unless of course Prince came to the door... he's one Jehovah's Witness I would gladly let in. :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• LOL...i tell them in not interested and its unessesary. I'm catholic and i plan to stay that way. They usually get the hint
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• With mutual respect, just like anybody else that comes to my door. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I normally answer the door, and politely tell them that I am a Christian, while I respect that they have different beliefs than I do, I don't want to be preached to.

There was a number question that got them stumped every time that my dad would ask,And they would leave, but can't for the life of me remember.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My best friend growing up was a JW. She and I never even exchanged a harsh word between us, and her family treated me like one of their own, without ever trying to convert me. In fact, when she was baptized, I was the one she asked to go see it,along with her family. It was my honor. And, I've always respected JW when they come to my door, there is no need to be rude at all. They have their beliefs, just like anyone else.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Jahovahs witnesses are out there to bring light to others and to share the word of God. They are harmless and very kind people. My aunty is a Jehovahs witness and she is so kind and really just a beautiful person. She and her congregation of friends have always been kind to my children and I. I have never had a sour conversation with a Jehovahs witness. So when they come to your door, be polite. They are good people.
    sarrahbear

Answer by sarrahbear at 4:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have never had them come to my door! But I wouldn't be rude.

Answer by missanc at 4:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i do what they think to be
    me speaking in tongues
    works every time
    Anonymous

• Its been about a year and we've moved since then but I just say we are happy with our beliefs and thats that. If they push about what our beliefs are(and they usually do)I say we are Pagan/Wiccan and they smile and leave right away.

Ive had to do that twice within maybe 6 mths and they stopped coming to our home even tho I saw them a few more times, prior to moving, on our street LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• They come to my door every single week....and to tell you the truth, even though Im Baptist and have no intention of converting, I open the door and talk to them every single week lol....I think it's because Im a sahm and thats my only adult interaction during the day until DH gets home...sad huh? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011