Organic clothing and linens

Me and my Dh want to go green as much as possible, but get discourage by the price of some of the stuff, esp clothes. Do you guys have any info on budget friendly organic products? Esp childrens clothing-

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 12:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• Going "green" doesn't always mean organic exclusively. I do undertand about the cost issue. I am trying to be as earth friendly as possible without breaking the bank. But a $400 dress that is all organic doesn't fit into my budget. So I settle on consignment shops and thrift stores. This way I recycle, it really is a great bargin, and it also reduces the amount that is ultimately manufactured reducing future waste. So the idea of green is reduce, reruse, and recycle. I can find free trade and some organic clothes on line that have been on sale. But I try not to do that too oten - it doesn't seem very green to have to have it shiped and then driven to your home. I also have homemade green cleaning products and better "green" eating products. As well as my son attends a school that is more environmentally friendly.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008