Do u really have to yell? adult content

I always take care of my son by myself even though i live with my boyfriend and we live in the attic(live with his grand-dad) which is one large room so my son(2 months) stays up here with us. anyway when my son is asleep i try to get things done that need to be done such as laundry, cleaning up the room and etc cuz i dont get any help with this either. anyway if my son wakes up crying my boyfriend will sit there yelling at him to shutup or just lets him cry. this is his 3rd child!
while he is yelling he is playing a damn video game, online or wants to go smoke. wtf! does anyone else deal with this bs??
yes i know i need to move out....currently unemployed(job searching everyday) and i have nowhere else to

tabcat816

Asked by tabcat816 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I deal with something like this but instead of him yelling at the baby he tells me I need to go and get him. It is always mommy fill his sippy cup, mommy get him some food, mommy do this, mommy do that. If I ask him to do something I am busy trying to kill this monster on his computer game. I feel for you I know how it is. I am training him right now to be better. He has almost never yelled at our son. I stopped washing his clothes and when he realized that he needed clean shirts he told me I needed to do laundry and I told him I will not wash his clothes till he straights up and act better. I also only cooked enough to feed me and our son and told him to make a sandwich and when he is better then I will cook him something.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sounds like piece of shit..no child deserves that and neither do you! Get out as soon as you can!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sounds like your BF needs to grow up or get out! Seriously, you'd be better off without someone like that. If he isn't willing to function positively within the family unit, then, you're better on your own. Sounds like you're doing most of it on your own anyway.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ya, hon, he sounds like a total loser. Work harder at getting out of there. No normal, kind, loving father would just yell at the kid and play video games....sorry but true. Please try to find a way out because you can do better.
    Anonymous

• I think it's ridiculous to yell at a child to shutup.  Good for you for trying to get out of the situation period.  And lucky for him it's you and not me.  I would kick his ass for yelling at my kid like that.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That is awful. No child should ever be told to "shutup" especially when they are that young..its not like the baby is trying to piss him off or anything. Leave him asap. He is obviously not willing to put the effort into being a good father.. and you and your son will do a lot better wihout him. Your poor little guy will grow up thinking it's okay to treat others that way if this continues.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ugh unfortunately i deal with this too. our third son is a mama's boy (only 9 mo) and if i'm cooking and ask him to watch him while he sits on his ass watching tv he gets so pissed if he doesn't stay quiet. he calls him pissy pants. "oh shut up pissy pants" he yells and i'm like "why don't you actually TRY to figure it out instead of making it worse?" no luck. some men have a complete lack of paternal instinct. mine's bad enough that i'm pretty much done dealing with him cuz his attitude towards all the kids and me is certainly less than involved or positive...
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No yelling is rude, a bad habit to teach and in this case a very lazy way to haphazardly handle a crying child. Wow... I'd probably throw the video game and him on the curb. Yelling is so unneccessary, reasoning, attending to a child, patience and other qualities are a much better way to handle situations. Yelling is a loss of control.
    sarrahbear

Answer by sarrahbear at 4:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Hmm I wonder if he thinks your 2 month old even knows what the hell he's talking about when he's yelling at him to shut up....the tone I'm sure he gets but does he really thinks baby knows what shut up even means? Anyways yeah he sounds like a jerk and I hope your able to find a job soon so you can get up out of there. I'm really sorry your going through that, keep your head up mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would have nipped that in the bud REAL quick! You don't yell at a baby, dumb a$$! His butt would be GONE as far as I was concerned, living with his side of the family or not. That is just ridiculous. I'm glad you are working on getting out of that situation- you don't need your baby to grow up thinking that kind of behavior is ok.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011